Employment Opportunities at Vision Source of Goodland
Optometric Assistant Needed
Posted February 22, 2021
Join our practice as an Optometric Assistant – we are willing to train!
Vision Source of Goodland is seeking an Optometric Assistant. The primary role of the Optometric Assistant is to assist the Optometrist and is involved in direct patient care.
What makes a great Optometric Assistant?
- Having a passion for helping people of all ages
- Good technical and computer skills and typing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer/patient service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
What experience is required?
We are willing to train strong candidates. Helpful assets include a great aptitude for learning and a genuine positive outlook. Previous medical or optometric office experience is a plus.
- Pre-testing – utilizing state-of-the-art technology
- Gathering patient and health information
- Assisting Optometrists with eye exams
- Training patients in contact lens insertion and removal
- Assisting receptionists and opticians
- Scheduling and charting
This position is full-time but may consider part-time. Goodland office hours are Mondays through Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm. Benefits may include health insurance, cafeteria plan contribution, 401(K) retirement plan, term life insurance, holiday pay and paid personal time off. Eyecare and optical benefits for employee and spouse and/or dependent children are also included.
We are very busy taking excellent care of our patients, so please no phone calls during business hours. Please email a cover letter and resume along with three work references to the Manager at email@example.com . Please put “VS Employment” in the subject line). Receipt of resume and cover letter will be acknowledged by return email. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.