Employment Opportunities at Vision Source of Goodland
Front Desk/Receptionist Needed
Posted June 29, 2021
Join our Goodland practice at our front desk as our Receptionist!
This is a full time position Monday through Friday, greeting patients and answering phone calls. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule appointments: gather patient information to create computer records.
- Check in patients: present office payment policies, HIPAA required paperwork, obtain or update crucial patient information including insurance information, maintain flow of patient movement with doctors and staff.
- Check out patients: must be able to summarize procedures and associated costs, collect patient payments, schedule upcoming appointments, check for accuracy of superbills, charges and recall information.
- Prepare patient superbills in advance of appointments.
- Schedule patients for related appointments with other professionals (i.e. ophthalmologists, etc.).
- Backup assistance to opticians – including assisting patients in frame and lens selections, fitting and dispensing of glasses and repairing glasses, being knowledgeable on all types of lenses and optical products to best suit a patient’s needs.
- Assist with various monthly office mailings (recalls, special events, etc).
- Filing as needed.
- Assisting doctors and office manager with other duties as assigned.
The receptionist must be a friendly, out-going, organized individual who assists patients, doctors and staff. This individual must often multi-task while always maintaining the front desk as both friendly and efficient. The receptionist is usually the first and last person the patient sees in our office, so she must view herself as an ambassador/ representative of the practice and be willing to be constantly energized to meet patients’ needs in a friendly, professional manner.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, from 8 am – 5 pm. Benefits may include health insurance, cafeteria plan contribution, 401 (K) retirement plan, term life insurance, holiday pay and paid personal time off. Eye care and optical benefits for employee and spouse and/or dependent children are also included.
We are very busy taking excellent care of our patients, so please no phone calls during business hours. Please email a cover letter and resume along with three work references to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “VS Employment” in the subject line. Receipt of resume and cover letter will be acknowledged by return email. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Optometric Assistant Needed
Download a copy of the job description here.
Posted May 20, 2021
Join our practice as an Optometric Assistant – we are willing to train!
Vision Source of Goodland is seeking an Optometric Assistant. The primary role of the Optometric Assistant is to assist the Optometrist and is involved in direct patient care.
What makes a great Optometric Assistant?
- Having a passion for helping people of all ages
- Good technical and computer skills and typing speed of at least 50 wpm
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent customer/patient service skills
- Ability to work in both individual and team settings
What experience is required?
We are willing to train strong candidates. Helpful assets include a great aptitude for learning and a genuine positive outlook. Previous medical or optometric office experience is a plus.
- Pre-testing – utilizing state-of-the-art technology
- Gathering patient and health information
- Assisting Optometrists with eye exams
- Training patients in contact lens insertion and removal
- Assisting receptionists and opticians
- Scheduling and charting
This position is full-time but may consider part-time. Goodland office hours are Mondays through Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm. Benefits may include health insurance, cafeteria plan contribution, 401(K) retirement plan, term life insurance, holiday pay and paid personal time off. Eyecare and optical benefits for employee and spouse and/or dependent children are also included.
We are very busy taking excellent care of our patients, so please no phone calls during business hours. Please email a cover letter and resume along with three work references to the Manager at email@example.com . Please put “VS Employment” in the subject line. Receipt of resume and cover letter will be acknowledged by return email. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.